I am really excited about my weekend project. A couple of weeks ago we bought this really cool chairs that were really old and yucky from some friends landlord. We looked into having them professionally recovered but it was going to be a little more money than we wanted to invest. So, after much encouragement from Allen, I decided to try and recover them myself. I was pretty excited that it actually came together and looks good. (Thanks mom for all those sewing lessons growing up!) This past summer we also bought some safari/directors chairs from some people who were leaving, except all of the fabric had dry rotted. So, I also made new seat cover and back for one of them. Allen even tried his hand at the sewing maching before the day was over. We had a great time!
Before...

And After!

Allen sewing!
The chairs look great! Way to go! Allen--I'm SO impressed!! :)
ReplyDeleteoh by the way--LOVE the way your blog looks now!
ReplyDeletethe chairs look GREAT- I LOVE the fabric!! way to go Allen and Sara!
ReplyDeleteI am beyond impressed...and love the fabric.
ReplyDeleteHey you guys,
ReplyDeleteIt is so good keeping in touch with you via blogville. :) Please tell Joe and Ashley that for I have tried to post on their blog but it won't come through. I am so happy that the 4 our you remain very good friends. What a sweet blessing. Miss all of you so much.
Lorie and Kynn
Great job, next project should be a rocking chair for baby Hawkins!
ReplyDeleteLindsay Metcalf